Thursday 18 August 2011

When you don't have Internet piracy laws in your country...


TPBThere are some things, that will make you pause everything else and makes you think- "Man! I've gotta Blog this".. This is one such thing I found today on the internet.
Whats "THE PIRATE BAY" ?
Its a swedish website which claims to be the largest bit torrent tracker on planet Earth.

In case you don't understand anything in the previous sentence, its OK. Just understand that the site shows a frequently updated list of files that are shared on many personal computers on the internet that can act as file servers and makes way for illegal downloads of softwares.
How did I find it ?Having heard about it before in the news across the web, Today, I when I was on the website's homepage, I suddenly noticed a small link on the bottom of the page winking @ me and whispering - "click me" and so I did. The link said - "Legal threats".
How I was ROFL ROFL ROFL again ?Okay. (In case you are a newbie) ROFL means "Rolling on the floor & laughing". Wait a minute. ROFL? After reading the legal threats? Yes I was and I bet you will be also when you read the page.
So. What really is on that page ?The page contains a collection of letters sent by companies like Apple, Microsoft, EA games, Dreamworks, SEGA, Warner Bros/Music, MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) etc. threatening them legally to shutdown the site & replies to those letters by the owners of - "THE PIRATE BAY".
Beware ! they are filled with sarcastic insults and comments with coarse language, still I could not help myself from ROFL and its definitely funny to see how, these 2 bold and daring swedes who are the only guys who seems to run the site have replied to the corporate giants in the world of technology and entertainment.
They have also mentioned in the replies that the letters will be published in the site. Moreover the site seems to have more than 3 million registered users !!
Some of my favoritesFavorites? Every letter was entertaining than the other! except those which were in Swedish. Damn! I wish I learnt their language. I suggest you to not miss the WEBSHERIFF's series though.
I just received an IM message from a friend who read that page on my word - "This is freaking hilarious !"
LINK TO THE PAGE - http://thepiratebay.org/legal

No comments:

Post a Comment