Wednesday 17 August 2011

KLite Codec Pack for Mac OS


As I am spending almost 10-12 hours a day working on a Mac, I have decided to begin a new section on Mac Softwares, Tips and Tricks on Techtola.

Today was the first time, I wanted to watch a Video of one of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S episodes on a Mac and the Quicktime player could not play it. My first attempt was to download VLC for Mac but unfortunately it was 29 MB in size and I wanted something smaller.

So I searched for K-Lite Codec Pack for Mac OS and looks like there isn't any like that. But I did find an equivalent of just 3 MB in size called Perian.

It adds support for a lot of formats in your default Quicktime Player. Just download the DMG, double click on Perian.prefpane to install it and enjoy :)

Click here to go to Perian Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment